Library News (April 13, 2016)
- Movie of the Month – “Bridge of Spies”: 1 p.m. Thursday, April 14. Tom Hanks plays a Brooklyn lawyer who finds himself caught up in the Cold War when the CIA sends him to negotiate the release of a captured American pilot. Rated PG-13. Free and open to the public. Free popcorn.
- Friday Morning Movie – “Disney’s The Jungle Book”: 10:30 a.m. Friday, April 15. Join us for a showing of this animated Disney classic. Join Mowgli on this fun, thrilling, musical adventure as he learns the “Bare Necessities” of life from his jungle friends.(Rated G)
- Genealogy: Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 16. Bring projects or just ask questions.
- Simply Stories: 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, April 19. This session is geared for lap babies and preschoolers and is just stories – no crafts. For stories and simple make-and-take crafts, visit the library at 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Registration is not required.
- Storytime with a Craft – Earth Day: 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 19. Story times are geared for preschool through first-grade age children and their caretakers. Day cares are welcome, but for groups larger than five, call ahead at (701) 433-5460. Registration is not required.
- Twisted Stitchers (formerly Knitty Giddy Knitters): 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 19. Join this fun group for an evening of knitting or crochet. Come with your own supplies. Not for beginners, but tips will be given to knitters and crocheters needing help. No preregistration required.
- The Next Chapter Book Club: 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 20. Join us for an exciting discussion of the selection “The Aviator’s Wife” by Melanie Benjamin. Free and open to the public. Books and discussion questions are available in advance at the service desk. No registration is necessary. Refreshments will be served.
- Ham Radio: 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 20. Sessions are open to adults and accompanied children interested in learning more about ham radio.
- Introduction to Microsoft Word: 6 p.m. April 21. Join us as we explore the basics of Microsoft Word.Laptops will be provided. Space is limited. Please register at the service desk. Free.
- Cows for Kids: 6 p.m. April 21. Stop by for night full of cows for the little ones. Listen to a story, learn all about ranch gear, play pin the tail on the steer, and more. Event is sponsored by the NDSU Collegiate Cattlewomen. Open to all ages.
- Lego Mania: 6:30 p.m. April 25. Build your own designs and create your own worlds with Legos. We have a big supply of Legos for a fun evening. Program is free and open to all ages.
- The Homework Center is open 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday when school is in session.